mardi 23 septembre 2014

race update #2 + other updates

This is the second to last week of the the race and I can say so far that this is pretty cool. Sure, it's only 10km race, but my first one ever! I may be excited for now, but I can assure you all that I may flip out the night before the race. Here's a small update on the race:

(Please enlarge me)

You'll notice that last Saturday I only ran 8km. This is because I experienced some knee aches and pains the Saturday before that doing a 9km. So I added extra cross training all last week and ran this past Saturday's 8km with no pain at all. I also biked the route last Sunday. The Tunnel of Croix-Rousse is a never-ending tunnel of concrete. And since this Saturday, I'm off to Geneva, I'll either do the long run before dawn on Saturday or Sunday morning. 

The weather has definitely chilled down and I'm LOVING IT. After a nice hot weekend, it's finally fall weather. I can't believe I've been here for almost 8 months. Time flies by too fast these days. 

As I've neglected to update for the past 3 or... so weeks, many activities have taken place. One of them was the Biennales Danse, which happens every other year. I got to see it in 2010 where the theme was La Vie en Rose. This year was Rio carnival and the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Danse.





Gigantic birthday cake

That was fun and the amount of people at the parade was incredible. I'm also incredibly grateful to be here again for the danse.

Then a few days later..... I made dumplings! Look how pretty they are!


After that exciting weekend, this past weekend was the Journée de Patrimoine. Again, 4 years ago, I went to the Hôtel de ville. This time, I went to Fourviere. I ended up taking a tour going up the towers of Fourviere.

The massive amount of stairs to the top

The breathtaking view from above

St. Michel

I'm so ready for autumn to come. My skin is still very confused at the moment, after being subjected to so much weather change the last 2 years. I'm more than ready for the cold weather to get there. As for travels, I will magically appear in Brussels and Strasbourg in the near future! Can't wait to eat my way through Brussels and see the Christmas markets in Strasbourg.

12 more days until the race. Let the madness begin.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire