mercredi 27 août 2014

race update + more traveling

This past weekend, I popped into Aix-en-Provence. Having never been there, it was everything I expected of a typical provençale town. Lots and lots of beautiful fountains and lots of walking. Surprisingly enough, I didn't climb any hills over there. There was lots of wine and sunshine involved, as predicted.

I got a super cheap train at 6am for 10 euros (thank you OUIGO!). Slept through the entire ride and got to Aix TGV around 7h28. For anyone traveling to Aix, there's actually two train stations. One is about 18km outside of the city. The other is in city center. But there's a navette, aka bus 40 to get you into city center for an extra 4,10 euros. I went to see my generous friends as they hosted me for the night. We definitely indulged in some serious food orgasm and wine drinking, all in moderation of course. So typically French and so typically chic.

Fresh flowers always at the farmer's market

spiiiices

Musique dans la rue!

Of course chilling wine in the fountain is the way to go
And then there was more rosé....


Cours Mirabeau

So, it's the fourth week of training. My thoughts so far?

I'm enjoying this. I'm doing a lot of more strengthening and stretching. Strangely, I've also got into ballet workout. My cross trainings have been mostly cycling back and to work.

Here's my training schedule so far:


I've been using the Hal Higdon training plans and they work out fairly well. My personal schedule has been adjusted according to the weather and my activities. I haven't had any knee issues...yet. I think the stretching helped, especially stretching the IT band.

I can't wait until Autumn comes. Pumpkins are starting to appear in the markets! First sign that fall is coming. Looking forward to the race in October. I may have a panic attack before race day but I'm also kind of expecting that. Never in my life would I have thought I'd sign up for a 10k race!

À bientôt!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire