mercredi 13 août 2014

august auras

View of Lyon from Croix Rousse

I have officially begun training for the 10k race in October. Before I mostly just ran for fun and for the workout (always feels good after a nice long running session). Now it's time to get serious and get ready for that 10k. I never ran a race before and thought about doing a 5k before a 10k but there's no 5k races here. And the Color Run hasn't made it's way to Lyon yet....so the 10k it is!

Before, I was running about three 5k a week plus a longer run on the weekend, which meant usually around 6.4k to 8k. Now I need to add in more strengthening and cross training, which includes swimming and cycling now. The main thing is to strengthen my left knee. The IT band on my left knee causes me issues if I go for a long run without stretching properly. I may have to go buy a knee brace just in case. Otherwise, if anyone else has advice, I'd be happy to hear that. The plan for now is to take it slow, stay calm and KEEP RUNNING.

I took a quick weekend trip to the countryside again under all the storm and the rain. It was a quick getaway from the city and be in the nature for a bit. I slept a lot. And then there was more sleeping. The peacefulness of the countryside is a true treasure.

Mon bébé, you're quite comfortable, aren't ya? 

Home in the garden - I'm in love all over again

And for my next trick! I will appear in Aix-en-Provence soon. I can't wait as I've never been there before and a friend will be hosting me for the weekend. I do believe that some much needed sun and wine drinking are in order. So much in the coming months so I'm quite looking forward to that. My best friend is coming for my birthday and I'm seriously excited.

I also have no idea what's happening next year since my contract is until the end of the year. Whatever happens, I'm determined to stay in France for as long as possible. For someone who's moved 12 times in the last 7 years, I'm kind of ready to stay somewhere for a bit longer now. I've got everything here I could ever need. Why would I ever leave? I'm having a beautiful love affair with France that will not be denied. Everything that I've said last year has come true. I know I'll be here for a long time. Hopefully more than three years. Yes, I'm going to get see the Fête des Lumières this year! Not only that, I get to see the Bienniale de la Danse this year as well. As some of you may remember that in 2010, the theme was La Vie en Rose.

I look forward to autumn coming in its full glory and making pumpkin pie with my French mom. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire