jeudi 6 février 2014

settling in to lyon's daily life

Morning before heading to work

I've lost all my motivation to blog due to work and the amount of energy I put towards it. Weekends are my errands time because when I get back from work, I'm too tired to do anything else. It's a miracle if I do manage to get my butt out to meet people. Soooo, there's a boulangerie literally 2 steps from my apartment building. My favorite boulangerie also happens to be across the bridge from me (5 minute walk). This is potentially a very dangerous location (read: best location ever). But seriously, why would I ever leave? I have everything I need surrounding my apartment, including work that's a little over 4km away. I'm definitely not leaving. Lyon and I are still having this love affair that can't be denied.

The first week of work was pretty interesting. Lots of new things to learn and new people to meet. I spent a good amount of time running around to meetings with people, happily re-settling to life in Lyon and speaking in French again. Also, I better get started traveling again. I have a goal to fulfill; to visit more French cities. Pending weather, I definitely plan on going to Strasbourg and Colmar for a weekend.

Despite being tired, I managed to catch up with quite a few people last week and will be doing more of that these coming weeks. Perhaps this will involve a trip to Annecy and Geneva. I also got a subscription for the Velo'v for 15 euros a year so I could bike to work on good days. I'm going to stay active as much as possible. Gotta do something to burn off all the calories if I'm going to indulge in pastries like we all know I'm going to do.

So what have I ate so far? (besides pastries, of course)

Pretty decent chinese food in Lyon

Tartine: Brie cheese with nuts and honey (and I had cider!)

This weekend, I plan on finally going out for a run and going for a bike ride in the park if the weather permits. Come on Lyon, get it together and be more sunny! Even though I do love the rain, California can have the Lyonnais rain because it needs it more! (Which reminds me, I still need to buy an umbrella...)

So there you have it, my first two week in Lyon. I love it and I always will. Hopefully, my motivation to blog comes back soon so I can post more pictures of foooood.

It's almost Friday! Bon weekend, everyone!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire