dimanche 26 janvier 2014

to the start of another adventure

Ze view 

I. Am. In. Lyon. Sooner that I thought but strangely satisfying. How can I be unsatisfied with a view like that from my window?! All I have to do is get a nice glass of wine, sit down and stare at that view. Et Voilà!

Anyways, I got here Friday night and was totally jetlagged after having slept for only around 4 hours, somehow managed to use the three hours of layover in Heathrow to see a friend. It only took me about 15 minutes or so to get through customs. And of course, there's always a delay at Heathrow. We boarded on time, but stayed on the ground for a good half an hour before taking off. So I didn't get to Lyon until half an hour later than the expected time. Afterwards, I just took the Rhône Express back to the train station and then a taxi. A warning to those taking the Rhône Express, be sure to buy your tickets either online or using the machines at the stations because if you buy your tickets onboard, it'll cost you a euro extra.

I'm not really sure how I functioned in French that night being so jetlagged and having dinner with my lovely French family. But it was definitely appreciated and I walked home like a zombie afterwards.

Having no food, I woke up early the next day, went to a pastry shop and got a viennois chocolat and coffee and went grocery shopping.

I was able to renew my transportation card (TCL), take note, the student card price has risen to 28,10€ a month. I also got a Carte Jeune (a reduction card for under 28 years old) for trains for 50€/year.

The dessert for the day

We had raclette!! (I think I ate enough cheese to last for a few days)

My French family's adorable baby cat

I start work tomorrow!! Should be extremely exciting and I can't wait to learn and be productive. Definitely can't complain about the location of work since it's next the Parc de la tête d'or! Time to start my training for the 10k race. It is definitely cold in Lyon, but better than Geneva last year. More to come later!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire