lundi 11 novembre 2013

the final countdown, 4 weeks left!

Another weekend workshop, another weekend gone. I can't believe time is passing by so quickly.

So, I miss autumn time in Lyon. I miss the rain in Lyon. I miss the rain the general because it's always sunny here, not that it's a bad thing... I miss walking in the city with heels in the crisp, cold autumn air. I miss going to Severine's house to practice the piano and being drawn into the cozy apartment, welcomed by the warmth of the familiar scented perfume or of delicious food being cooked.

Why am I missing the Fête des Lumières again? WHY. Hopefully, I'll be there for this beautiful light festival next year.

(2013 Fête des Lumière teaser)

I must keep looking forward because I know that I'm going to be back for sure. Of course, the uncertainty of when that is continues to drive me crazy since I'm a planner. It's probably why I've been having crazy dreams again, like riding on elevators, or being back at the United Nation running around because I keep losing my purse. It might have to do with the upcoming changes that I know will happen. I suppose it's better than having dreams about nuclear war or being questioned about the Syrian chemical weapons.... What would be nice is not to have these dreams and get a good night sleep. I think I'm planning on sleeping for 2 days after graduation. Or until Christmas. Don't wake me up unless there's a plane ticket with my name on it to go back to Lyon.

Yes, it's time to go, just gotta go. Time to wrap up my studies in academia and go out into the world, back to Europe, back to France. I love the French. I think I'd be pretty happy to make that my home base and still be able to travel.

Four papers, 3 presentations, one exam to go. One month and 4 days. Let's do this!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire