samedi 2 novembre 2013

back to the west

And I'm back in California after a week and half in the city. So glad to be in the city in the midst of all this craziness (read: School and job hunting). My travel bug, on the other hand is kind of out of control. I have the biggest urge to travel to Quebec city and do some sight seeing. I've been there probably about 10 years ago when I was a kid, and of course, don't remember much.

The end of my trip was pretty busy but enjoyable. The First Committee was so behind. We were supposed to start the discussion on Conventional weapons 2 weeks ago, but I think it was only on the Friday before I left, we were barely able to get started on that conversation. A pity, since I would have loved to stay for the conventional part. Otherwise, I followed the rest of the debate through the UN Webcast and other sites.

Also, apparently, my orange mac is now extremely popular because this picture:


....is now the poster child for all papers passed out talking about the Open Ended working group to take forward multilateral negotiations on nuclear disarmament. Hooray for standing out!

And now, back to work, back to school. Just one month and half and I'm DONE. Definitely can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. Until then, plenty of things to do to keep me busy. At least I know that I have until January here, which buys me some time. My last midterm was this past week. After that, I will start churning out cover letters....as if I haven't started doing that already. Given that this is my last semester, my priority list has already begun to shift around a bit. Unexpected things happened, all the expected things happened. Interests have shifted and gotten deeper. Looking back to all the goals I made earlier this year for 2013, I think the only one that I'm still working on is finding a job. But since I made that goal, I will fulfill it this year. Side note: For all you people out there who keep telling us, the ones who are graduating that we need to get a job, STOP TELLING US THAT. We're well aware that we need a job and telling us we need to get one doesn't help. Are you going to help us get a job? No? Well, then don't say anything.

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to going back to somewhere where there's snow. I miss the excitement of the first snow in the city. Eh oui, ça me manque beaucoup.

Ready? Allez!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire