samedi 30 novembre 2013

kuala lumpur adventures


So, I had an extra day and half to see Kuala Lumpur with a couple of newly-made friends. We took the train into town and got to see the twin towers and the Central Market. I thought about picking up a few things for friends, but honestly, what is distinctively Malaysian? I'm not really sure. A lot of the things I saw were mostly Chinese or another version of  Chinese things turned Malaysian. Sooo having really no idea what to get, I settled on some random things and pictures. Because pictures are free.

Other than that, the conference was productive. I also ate a lot. There was an overabundance of food to which I pretty much had no self-restraint. I am definitely not having curry for a couple of months.

From the rooftop pool

There's a huge Central market close to Chinatown and yes, it is huge. So many things to see, your heads will turn. Seriously. Below is a picture of the twin towers and the central market entrance.


Before catching the plane on Wednesday, I spent the morning with my colleagues going to the Batu Caves. It's a hindu temple in a cave, essentially. Braving the humidity once more, we climbed the 300 steps to reach the cave.


Not a bad workout for one morning. There were also plenty of monkeys. One of them tried to attack me:

Like this crazy one here

Those little buggers. Definitely some monkey business here.


Last stop was central market once again. Some of the girls had to do some shopping and I was definitely ready to get back to the hotel to get ready. So.. one small group photo minus a few people:


Great get-away from school and Monterey, even though I was doing school work while in Malaysia. Now for the final 2 week of the semester, final 2 weeks of grad school! Graduation is set on December 14th and then after? Who knows. I have a lot to be thankful for this year. And I know that God will continue to provide for me, even when I'm least expecting it. Just gotta have more faith. I am thankful for each little unexpected things that have happened, that is happening right now and that will come in the future.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire