lundi 9 septembre 2013

back to the grind

 

3 weeks into school and I'm two (possibly more) week(s) behind. How is this even possible? I will catch up, that's for certain. Eventually. How behind am I? Case in point, I already missed a memo for a class, turned in an assignment late, so much readings I have to get to and another memo due yesterday and more.

I've spent the majority of the second week trying to re-adjust to life in the states. On one hand, it's easy. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I can fully adjust anymore. It may be an exaggeration but it's something I can feel. It's like my inner conscience is telling me, "hey! don't get too comfortable here, 'cause we're leaving soon!" Then again, I've got so many things flying around in my head that I can't even focus on things other than school, work and getting back to Europe. As long as I still hear my own voice and instinct, it's all good. I think I'm also in denial about what time zone I'm in because my mac is still set to French time.

I've also found out that the coffee that I used to drink, I can't drink anymore because of the taste. How dare I become a coffee snob?! I think that my standards just got higher...which is terrible until I can find a job, of course (aka in France/Switzerland). Because good coffee can be expensive. And if I want really good coffee, I'd rather have that in Europe.

For now, back to the busy-ness, back to school, back to job searching. I may be super homesick for Lyon and my lovely French family, but I must get on with this last semester before I can think about getting back there! One thing at a time. 23 units? I've totally got this.

Happy Monday!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire