vendredi 7 juin 2013

happy friday!

It's been a pretty busy week. Work is busy, life is busy. But at least it's Friday. I just finished a week long course on Arms Control and Disarmament today. It's basically a crash course for delegates and people at the permanent missions. The best thing is that this class was free and we get a nice, shiny certificate at the end. Overall, great discussions under Chatham house rules, something that should be happening more often.

And because it actually hasn't been raining consecutively, I may flee from Geneva and head to Gruyere for their cheese and chocolate. Life could be much worse. It is my "last month" in Geneva, so I want to touch on a few last places I want to visit before I am ready to explore France and all its glory. Best part? A friend is coming to visit! It'll be nice to share the love for cheese and wine and chocolate together.

I can't believe there's only 21 more days left until I finish this internship. In retrospect, I think I learned all I could for this internship and I am satisfied. It is time to move on to something else, whatever that may be. A friend tells me that there's always a solution, so I haven't been worried much.

And because it's Friday, I'll leave y'all with some food for thought.

Putin (president of Russia) is single again! Anyone interested??



Apparently, the French "confirmed" that Syria is using chemical weapons. My dream that I had after the NPT PrepCom was over is coming true. T__T

The Conference on Disarmament may look at its 17th year of deadlock. Questions of the relevance of the CD are flying left and right. But seriously, after all this time, is the CD even relevant anymore? Can it restart its substantial work after 17 years of impasse? The system is outdated and is in dire need to be reformed from the inside.

Lastly, I need this. I miss playing the piano and can't wait to get my hands on my friend's piano in Lyon. And I need to go to NYC where this is happening right now.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire