mercredi 29 mai 2013

through the countryside to the city

This weekend has been the best weekend ever, other than the ones I spent in Lyon. One of that reason is because a friend of mine came to visit from DC! She's actually here for a conference but had time to do some travelling. So, Saturday was spent at the Caves Ouvertes, and Sunday, we were able to spend the entire day in beautiful Lyon. I can't think of a better way to spend this weekend wine tasting  in the gorgeous countryside at the border of Switzerland and France and going to my favorite city in the world.

The Caves Ouverts weren't terribly well marked, but even so, we managed to get to a few and just enjoy ourselves, the wine, the beautiful countryside and the festive event. I think on one sunny weekend, I'm just going to take a long walk in the countryside and I'll be able to hit many cute towns.


somewhere close to the French border


one of the cave ouvert!

Luckily for us, it wasn't really raining much and not so cold.

And Sunday was spent in lovely Lyon. It's my friend's first time there so I enjoyed being an unofficial tour guide for the day. We pretty much ate our way through the market and enjoyed the stroll through old town and by the rivers. The weather got much better in the afternoon as we trekked our way up to Fourviere and the Gallo-Roman theatre.



A marching band through the market

arts and crafts market

theatre ruins
Bonus: Getting ready for les nuits Fourviere


We even managed to catch a recital by Diana Damrau, an opera singer known for her role of the Queen of the Night from Mozart's The Magic Flute! A real treat, indeed.

A beautiful weekend with a beautiful friend. I'm hoping that the weather will get better (Because it's been raining all week). I expect warmer weather soon, Geneva! (And sans rain, please).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire