lundi 17 juin 2013

beautiful sunny days in the heart of lyon

One of the warmest weekends in Lyon I've ever experienced here. Granted, I was never here during the summer, so I have no idea how hot it can get. The temperature, I believe got well into the 30s (C) and I remembered the beautiful days where I fell in love with Lyon and had a swell time under the sun and the stars. As I walked down Rue Victor Hugo as well as Rue de la Republique to my friend's house, the smell gave me a wave of nostalgia that made me hurry along downtown as my coral-colored sandals slapped against the pavement. I can't help but keep falling deeper and deeper in love with Lyon. Lyon calls me home every month and more importantly, someone is calling me home.

And it seems that I still sleep better in Lyon but I try to stay up as late as possible so I have more time to see my friend, since the weekend seems so short that I can't see enough of my petite famille française. She is totally right when she said that I'm home.

What do you know, another demonstration in Lyon. It seems that every single weekend that I've been there, there's been a manifestation. While it's kind of interesting to see the people striking or demonstrating, it can get quite old. I found myself remembering the strike that went on for over 2 weeks back in October 2010. Schools shut down, transportations closed and the police were throwing stun grenades and tear gas at the people. Intense times.

Yes, those are actually guys dressed as women



"Whooo, party in the house!!"

What a weekend, wonderfully relaxing yet intellectually stimulating. Just 2 weeks, give or take before I go back to my love, Lyon and be with some of the best people in the world. Sometimes I wonder if I'm still dreaming, but I suppose it'll be a real dream if I actually get to stay here, aka someonefindmeajobinlyonkthks. My beautiful friend keeps telling me not to worry because she knows I'll be back to live here. I hope. And she's probably right, I guess time will tell (not to mention I need to be more patient, a virtue I apparently don't have).

I went for a almost 2 hour bike ride in the morning with my friend's kiddo. It was hot, but the wind blew into my hair, making me enjoy the ride. I am definitely getting tanner as the Lyonnais sun kissed my face. Most intensive sun I've ever experienced since moving to Monterey. Beautiful day, most pleasant bike ride with my one of my favorite kiddos. I definitely need to do this again.

Riding along the Rhone looking at the Confluence

The weather made me want to jump in that river

A bientôt, cher Lyon. Bonne semaine à tous!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire