lundi 13 mai 2013

a long weekend break in photos

First 4 day weekend since high school! Who'd ever thought those ever existed again?

I spent 2 out of the 4 days wandering in France.

Chambéry:
 


 

 

 

Cute little town with an extensive old town and just an hour ride from Geneva. Although I couldn't get home until 2 hours later because the return ticket I bought transferred at Culoz.....and there was a strike. What do you know. I shouldn't even be surprised anymore. Luckily, the SNCF people changed my ticket and I managed to get home.

Annecy:


The bus ride (31 CHF roundtrip) was shorter than I expected. Most of us were still sleeping on the bus until 40 mins later, the bus driver yelled out "terminus!" Totally disoriented upon getting off the bus.

Annecy is as beautiful as always. Next time I go, it better be sunny so I can enjoy a full day under the Annecy sun.

It's been raining off and on in Geneva for the last few months (ever since the snow stopped). I'm in dire need of the sun, which is why I'm fleeing to Slovenia and Croatia this weekend.

For now, the Open-ended working group needs some major concentration. As the P5 won't be attending, I've been asked jokingly to represent one of them. That could be interesting if I actually did it.

Here's to another 2 weeks of conference and the trip to Slovenia!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire