lundi 22 avril 2013

npt prepcom negotiations



The game is on! NPT Prepcom, here I come! It'll be 2 weeks filled with negotiations, debates, arguments

Follow us at #prepcom as we cook up mischief. 

I no longer sound like I've been chain smoking so it looks like it was just a cold. At least I won't be scaring any delegates. But sitting in a stuffy room is not cool.

Today, to say the least has been really hectic, messy and trying to figure out what in the world is going on.

Funny conversation:

A bunch of us CNS folks were trying to get a trolley to get the massive amount of boxes up to the assembly hall. So we asked the security.

Me: Excusez-moi, Ou est-ce que je peux trouver un chariot?  (Excuse me, where can I find a trolley?)
Security dude:  Un chariot??? Mais, ici, c'est pas une gare, c'est pas un aéroport!!!  (A trolley? This isn't a train station or an airport!!!)

Me and the rest of the guys (the ones who understood French):  ???!!! Well, excusez-moi. 

I suddenly remembered where I could find a trolley and sprinted to the other side of the hall and got one. My colleague actually rolled it down in front of security after our trip to deliver books just to prove our point.

Way to be unhelpful and rude, security folks.

But anyways, follow our journey for the next 2 weeks as we blog, twitter, and bomb our way through the Nonproliferation treaty (in a good way)!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire