mardi 30 avril 2013

all work and some play

Just another rainy, cold weekend in lovely Geneva. It would be more lovely in Geneva if the weather was actually nice. Wishful thinking I suppose, but maybe the rain will be over in May? After all, april showers bring May flowers. So, here's to hoping that sunny weather is sure to follow very soon.

Following a most lovely workshop on the open ended working group with ideas flying left and right (at least there was caffeine), I spent the rest of rainy Saturday (besides teaching) in bed with a book and tea.

Sunday proved more interesting as a friend of mine arrived from Vienna and insisted on going outside of Geneva. So, we made a quick trip to Vevey, just outside of Montreux, along Lac Léman. Beautiful view along the lake shores and view of the mountains.


We strolled into old town and walked along the lake shores. In our epic mission to search for a place to eat (because it was Sunday), we ended up walking all the way to Le Tour de Peliz, which is technically another town, but super close to Vevey. We saw the Musée de jeu (Swiss museum of games) and climbed a tower




Hopscotch, swiss style

So there it is. I'm more excited for Lyon this weekend. Home! The Prepcom is almost over! I'm reaping a bunch of benefits by being here. And stuffing my brain full of yummy knowledge. I don't think my brain is going to explode (it might implode though...)

And speaking of the NPT, Egypt walked out. Yesterday!! Due to their discontent over the postponement of the Middle East Conference. What a shock for the Chair.

But seriously, thank goodness for Lyon, thank goodness for work and nuclear related issues to keep me sane. Two more month left in my internship. Someoneslowdowntimeformethx.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire