jeudi 14 mars 2013

a little work humor +a protest +outings = fun


(courtesy of Dave Granlund)


My sanity, as always, flew out the window again. I'm in love with work so much that I woke up one morning at 5am this week to finish a report for the CD (Conference on Disarmament) that I had no time to do the day before. Next up on the line of presidencies for the CD is Indonesia! I casually suggested to my fellow Indonesian colleagues that we should introduce something drastic in the Programme of work, just to stir things up. I mean, the rules of procedure should be followed, but rules are made to be broken. So, why not? Diplomacy will always be there, but I think track 2 diplomacy (informal) is more important. Of course, not everyone is going to hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but friendship between delegates should be encouraged. Can we get a little bit of bromance in here?

The Open-ended working group (OEWG) begins today with the first official meeting starting May 14th. Let's see what countries can do to take forward negotiations on abolishing those nukes.

I think if I hear another country condemning DPRK on the nuclear test that happened a couple weeks ago, I may start twitching. (Speaking of the bombing, can we just bomb them with chocolate?? I'm sure the people will love it!) Just because it's been repeated so many times. This week's meeting lasted three hours before the interpreters got needy and needed a break.

Speaking of diplomacy, I wonder what will happen if I showed this clip to the DPRK delegate:


I think I just want to see his expression.... it won't be the first time I've infiltrated into another culture.

Anyways, I was a bit late to work Monday morning, because of this:

(Manifestation)
 Protesting in its finest: A Tibetan guy protesting Chinese rule on top of the Broken Chair

I managed to get some shots with my phone before heading into the Palais. Fun times, as you can see. I'm so excited to be at the heart of the action.

Thank goodness for work to keep me busy and thank goodness for my lovely swiss friend for getting me out so I can have a life outside work. Annecy next weekend!! Other than attending meetings, it's PASTRIES TIME.

Another adventure awaits this weekend.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire