vendredi 22 février 2013

friday indulgences

These are to die for.


This is what happens when you're in Europe (see above picture).

The first time I tried this chocolate wafer was in the UN bar de la presse. And it was so freaking delicious. And then the addiction just got worse, thanks to the UN delegate store that's conveniently hidden in the basement. You can buy a 4-pack for 2,95CHF (The Bar de la Presse one costs 1,80CHF per bar). What the freak. My self-control is really gone now. My excuse is that I've been eating healthy everyday. So this is my indulgence. I can't wait to go back to Lyon tomorrow. By this time tomorrow, I'll be wrapped in the comforts of my friend's house and being spoiled rotten with her and her family's love and of course, food. And because home is where the heart is.

I've been consuming way too much chocolate.

That's probably the understatement of the year. And the year just started...

I might actually have to bring my laptop with me this time so I can finish some work. It's been busy this week and I just got some translation work to do. Woo hoo! This workaholic in me can not be contained. Apparently I get high when I have many things to do and from coffee. Because, of course. In fact, due to last week's DPRK nuclear test, things have been a little crazy. After the plenary meeting, I almost tripped down the stairs in excitement from all the work. Not sure if the coffee is helping.

Speaking of the DPRK, I ran into the DPRK delegate right before getting off work..... I had a feeling he thought I was Korean...

I stopped by Ladurée Paris today to get something for my dear friend -- Macaroons. I thought I'd walk a bit to get home after. Turns out I walked all the way home and hadn't really noticed until I got to the tram station right before the one I get off at. It'd be lame to take the tram for just one station, so I just walked home. A glorious 3.8 km, aka 40 minutes walk in the flurries of snow. I couldn't feel my face afterwards, but the walk was refreshing, to say the least.

It's been an interesting week but I am looking forward to next week for another round of exciting things to come. My conversation partner has been taking me quaint little cafés and cozy restaurants around Genève so I've been getting a taste of what this small international city has to offer.

This, albeit a bit dark, is wine paired with goat cheese bruschetta. Some serious NOMNOMs going on here.

Happy Friday, tout le monde!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire