vendredi 11 janvier 2013

snowy, rainy and all that beautiful european jazz

It's been snowing and raining here since yesterday. In fact, the weather channel has classified it as freezing drizzle. So yes, it's been cold, though I have to say, the California weather has turned me into a wimp for cold weathers. We're so spoiled in the west coast. So far, I haven't been entirely frozen, and have been walking quite a bit. This is good, considering I haven't been able to go out for a run yet. Maybe Saturday? It's supposed to stop its freezing drizzle for a bit so I can head to the Market in Ferney-Voltaire (in France).

I actually got up at a decent hour yesterday despite having woken up again at 3am. After getting up at 9, I was totally going to get ready and get on with exploring....except it started to snow/rain. So I waited and waited until it finally stopped around noon. I wanted to go to the Gare Cornavin to try to retrace the steps a friend and I took when we were here the first time. So I got on the Tram 12.... ended up catching the wrong bus. I took bus 10 instead of bus 3 and rode all the way to the stop before the airport. Great way to explore, I suppose. I hopped on the opposite bus 10 to go back and somehow found a tram stop that stopped at the Gare. Then walked around until I found a familiar route and eventually found the post office we stopped in to mail our post cards (speaking of that, I should go find some).

Walking by Lake Geneva

The post office

Oh jetlag, how I love to push you away. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened it, my body is just demanding for more sleep. I finally got my lazy butt out of bed today around 10h30 and went to the bank (UBS) to get an account, but ended up having to make an appointment (because I'm so special to be an american, that the process is more difficult), which means I'll be skipping work for about an hour next week to establish my account. Also, I haven't spoken on the phone in French for such a long time, merde, c'est pas facile. XD

The view from one of my windows

I ran into another MIIS alum here in the bank so we were able to take a short walk around old town, which most of it, I can't seem to remember for the life of me.

Ah, looks familiar, Juan?

The weather is maybe supposed to clear up tomorrow. We'll see abut that. I hope so, but not really counting on it.

This evening, I was able to have dinner with another MIIS alum! We went to a place called Chez Ma Cousine. They serve nothing but chicken... It was recommended to me by my supervisor in the states and we just happened to stumble across it while wandering around old town looking for a place to eat. It was really decent and cheap for Geneva. Need I tell you how beautiful Old Town is at night?



Totally awesome. I am in the process of planning out my first trip. Should be very exciting. Once work gets into full swing, I'll be able to figure out my schedule more accurately so I can go traveling. It's so hard to sit still in Europe!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire