mercredi 9 janvier 2013

genève...so far

Well, I'm officially back in Europe, more specifically in Geneva. And I can't seem to stop sleeping. Jetlag is terrible. I didn't sleep much on the plane because the people sitting next to me were being weird. Well, the woman to be more specific, because she seemed to be one of those woman who never grow up and whines like a kid. She clung onto her husband like a leech, couldn't sit still and complained about the people behind us. Luckily the ten hours of flight passed quickly and we landed in Frankfurt. I guess they fixed it up and everything because it was bigger than I remembered. Took me awhile to get to my gate.

After flying to Geneva (need I to say how relieved I am to be speaking French again?), I had to get a taxi, which took me to my living quarters, and which also costed me 52 CHF.... ridiculously expensive, as I should have known. After getting to my place, I realized I had to find another converter because the outlets here are different from France! So I found an apple store on Rue de Rive, right along the tram 12 route. Turns out, the Fnac was right next to the apple store so I popped in there instead and bought one of those World Traveler pack for Mac. I back tracked and went to the TPG (Transport publique genevois) and got my monthly pass. Back tracked again and went to Migros. Expensive? Yes. Do I want to starve? No. Must try to conserve as much as possible while here. I think this weekend, I'll head to France with another MIIS student and check out their farmer's market. Last night, I also went out to dinner with two MIIS students, where we tried the La Raclette. It was pretty darn tasty.

Back on the trams, this looks familiar 

I totally was going to get up early and go out for some errands. The jetlag was worse than I expected. I slept until noon, waking up in between. And I still want to sleep. Ever since coming back from Monterey, I haven't able to fully rest at all. Though the trip to New York was enjoyable, I'm not sure that it helped me get the rest I needed. Might as well take advantage of it now while I can before work starts on the 14th. In the meantime, tomorrow is the last sunny day before the rain and snow shower hits. I must get on with exploring and finish all my errands.

Let's hope my jetlag ends tomorrow.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire