vendredi 18 janvier 2013

oh the places to go! happy friday, everyone!




I survived the first week of my internship at the UN. And now, I want to sleep because I work almost 9 hours a day and wake up too early.

I just can't sit still, or long enough. Now that I'm in Europe, it's even harder for me to sit still knowing that I'm so close to many countries. Why should I be sitting around when the entire continent is opened to me to see?

With that said, here's a tentative schedule of my plans:

January-March (tentative)
- Bern
- Fribourg 3/02/2013
- St. Gallen
- Zermatt
- Chamonix
- Bienne
- Lausanne 9/02/2013
- Gruyère
- Basel
- Zurich
- Interlaken
- Luzern

February
- Annecy (for sure)
- Bruges
- Strasbourg

March
- Annecy (meeting)
- Vienna and Salzburg

April
- Due to the PrepCom, I'll be stuck in Geneva for a bit
- Continue to go back to France
- Prague (tentative)

May
- Slovenia and Croatia
- Amsterdam
- Israel?
- La Rochelle, France

June
- Ukraine
- Aix-en-Provence
- Paris

July
- Rome
- random cities that I'll think about later
- Kyrgyzstan

August
- Back to Monterey

Between traveling, interning, dealing with bombs, delegates and ambassadors, I think life in Europe will be swell. If my ability in English goes up in smokes, that's good in a way. It means my French and Russian will be amazing (I hope). As I've said before, I'm less focused on traveling, and more focused on getting a job. These trips will only be done over the weekend, or whenever I have a holiday. I may ask for some extra days off, but those will be kept at a minimum.

I'm definitely not sure if I can go for more than one day without coffee. To buy coffee at the UN bar de la presse is definitely not cheap. I bought some good instant coffee that's cheap at Lidl so I can make coffee at home. Otherwise at work, I may have to invest in a cup you can get at the bar de la presse and every time you bring the cup with you, you get a discount on coffee. Or you will pay 2 francs for each cup and die a little bit inside each time you pay for that coffee.

Finally, I watched the live stream of the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon at my school! It was too bad I couldn't be there, but still!


Happy weekend, tout le monde!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire