samedi 15 décembre 2012

things i don't feel like doing today -- moving




First year of grad school is officially over. I can't say what a relief it is. One more year go to -- to be more specific 22 units to go and I'll getting my Masters degree! Almost done with this marathon.

So what am I doing on this time off? I'm busy getting ready for my trip by looking at where I should go visit, what to do there and what there is to see. I highly doubt life will be boring across the pond and will make the most of it. Having already been abroad for year, I can now plan better and more efficiently (not to mention, better at packing).

It feels weird not having anything to do. I suppose lesson planning and working is a good distraction. Not to mention Christmas is coming and I must get on writing those Christmas cards. I like the distraction these little tasks give me so that the mind is always preoccupied and not think about other things.

I now have the luxury of sleeping in, but still finding myself waking up at 7h, wondering why my brain won't shut down for a bit. Sometimes I try to get more of a shut-eye, but other times, like today, I just got up and went out for a 2+ mile run. I suppose I'll try to sleep more before leaving for Geneva. But now that there's been an unexpected trip planned for New York, we'll see.

I'm pretty excited for the New York trip, actually. It's been a while since I've been there and I'll be taking my cousin to visit. Any suggestion on what to see besides the usual stuff?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire