lundi 3 septembre 2012

north to south and back again

Southern California.

I kept telling myself I would go there for a brief visit ever since college started. Because of time restraint, I never made it there. Now, a wedding called me there this Labor Day weekend and I was able to make a road trip with my friend, somehow managing to make it to a wedding and disneyland in one day. The wedding reception was the following day.

It's been 15 years since I last been to Disneyland. What I thought was big is now small.

Road trip

Driving on CA 101S


The ride I went on when I was 8

It's a small world -- this picture makes me look...tall?


It's kind of tacky, of course being in Disneyland when I'm almost 24 years old. Since it was tacky, I thought since I'm here already, I might as well go on the tackiest ride of all: It's a small world. Throughout the entire ride, I kept thinking, why am I not abroad right now. Speaking of tacky, I flicked water on my friend on the It's a small world cruise. Because she turned her head so fast and hard, her loose glasses flew away from her......and landed into the water. During the day, she lamented on why she didn't lose them in a fast and awesome ride like Space Mountain BUT ON THE SLOWEST RIDE OF ALL.

Aaaanyways -- we didn't stay until midnight like we planned because we were tired. At least I was. My energy level decided not to be with me that day and simply flew out the door despite coffee in the morning and a soy latte at Disneyland.

The following day was the wedding reception. 8 course Chinese dinner. Splendid, of course, not to mention delicious. I saw people I haven't seen in a long time. All in all, it was good and I really enjoyed myself there.


Here's to the bride and groom. May their life be happy, joyful and insane.

And now, it's back to reality and work. I think I'm slowly getting back into the grind.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire