lundi 9 juillet 2012

owl-theme week aka i love owls

I. Love. Owls. None of my friends can deny that. I don't really know why, except maybe because of my last name? Hu is pronounced "Who" and people make fun of it all the time. You'd think people would get tired of knock knock jokes on my last name after more than a few times. But alas, no, the maturity level never grows.

Anyways, owls. While I was abroad last year I collected owl earrings and after getting back from Europe, I can't resist any owl looking things. For all you owl lovers out there, please, PLEASE, go to Dijon, France and Athens, Greece. I'm going to show you why:

Owls in Dijon

Yup, owls are scattered everywhere in the city. They mark the way around the city to show you the path! Another attraction that can not be missed is this:


Owl sculpture on a church! The belief is you touch the owl for luck and you wish for something. Located at the church of Notre Dame, definitely go and touch it! Make sure you touch it with your left hand :)) My friend was also in Dijon studying abroad. She's just as obsessed about owls as I am.

And, now for Athens! So according to Greek myth, Athena carries an owl with her. It's a symbol of wisdom. I bought a magnet there of an owl of which I didn't take a picture of, but it looks something along the lines of this:

Cute, eh? I also bought an owl necklace while in Athens, and still wearing it!

I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those old eccentric ladies who instead of having cats, have owls. Everywhere.

Next, owl products! :))

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire