lundi 30 avril 2012

busy, occupée, 忙, or whatever the hell you want to call it

It's 22h30 at night and I find myself banging out an essay at record speed. Good thing it's relatively short and sweet. Oh, and in English. Otherwise, I might just be staring at a blank white screen, not exactly sure what in the world I'm talking about. Or just start writing about random crap that in the end I might actually end up believing myself.

I'm just trying to get to the end, to get to that light at the end of the tunnel when the semester will be over. Maybe I'll actually get to sleep better? Who knows? Life is all about the unknowns and how we learn to face them in the end. As I've said before, moving to Monterey was not the first time I jumped into the unknown. It seems that it's what I've been doing since college. This first semester of grad school taught me and made me realize a lot of things. 

1. I have learned to say no, because I realize if I say yes, when I really mean no, I'll hate myself for it. 

2. It's hard for me to be cynical, despite the fact that I'm in a school full of sharks. I have to keep my hopes up and that's just a part of me.

3. I hate cheesy romance, and as I've said before, anyone who gets in the way of my independence will be flattened like pancakes. REPEATEDLY. 

4. Spring is the time where most people fall in love. For me, such as last year, instead of falling in love with someone, I fell in love with a city.

5. I don't believe in love at first sight. Attraction at first sight is possible, but the first is just some serious BS. 

6. 8 hours of class might not be so good for me. 

7. Sometimes I question the my sanity as in why am I in grad school, when I'm not really an academic person. I just love studying, learning new languages and knowing about other things way too much, but really, I don't need to be in an academic setting for that.

8. I may not be the smartest person here, but I sure as hell give my best effort. 

9. Some people are just nuts. Period. 

10. Grad school is for people who either know what they want to do enough to pursue those goals, or for those who don't want to face the real world. 

Top 10 things I learned so far in grad school. I'm sure I have more but I guess these are the top 10. In the mean time, I should get back to my awesome banging away on my keyboard. Let the encore begin of finals, essays and projects.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire