mardi 22 novembre 2011

what i see on foot

Ok, so today was a pretty pleasant, sunny day for walking. Needless to say, I enjoyed the walk to the aquarium for work today. So I thought I'd document my walk to the aquarium with my handy camera. After having a wonderful day off yesterday, full of errands and studying, I was ready and refreshed for work today. So here goes:


Walking down the hill and past the high school


Walking past the library, which reminds me I need to return my books

Huh, didn't notice this picture on the light pole. I guess the city just put this angel up recently

Walking past the city hall

Walking past my soon-to-be school, and the classroom in which I had my Russian class in

Walking past the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation, a place I hope to frequent soon

Taking the shortcut, the scenic route

Part of the historic walk of Monterey

Slowly inching towards the Monterey trail

And there it is!

Enjoying the beautiful scenes along the trail

The trail

Sealions sunbathing

More of those lovely creatures

Walking past San Carlos beach

Getting there!

Cannery row


Cannery Row!!



My work place! You'll notice I'm not wearing khaki pants (uniform) but it's because I need to get them hemmed.



Walking out of work at 5:30pm. It's all dark..


And there is my lovely walk to the aquarium whenever I go to work. It's about a 40 min walk, unless I speed walk, which takes about 35 mins or less. Sometimes I get lucky and have a co-worker take me home when it's dark and cold. Yesterday was also a day where I wished I reviewed my Italian and remembered it when I took it for one quarter like...3 years ago. 

I finally got my khaki pants! And I got them hemmed, thanks to my lovely roommate. What am I supposed to do without her. 

It's Thanksgiving tomorrow! I 'm going to cook like no other and enjoy another day of rest. 

2 commentaires:

  1. Really lovely pictures, Tina! Almost like I'm walking with you! :)

    -Molly

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks, Molly! :)) Miss you, and hope you're having fun down south!

    RépondreSupprimer