samedi 15 octobre 2011

unexpected surprises and more cake


I left you all with the end of my 23rd birthday on Wednesday. Except, I guess it wasn't the end of my birthday celebration.....

Thursday and Friday were spent going to language classes, and being totally stoked about starting Spring semester at MIIS. And Friday, I also cherish that one hour where I get to speak French regardless of how easy the class is. It's been a long, tiring, but good week. So by yesterday, I was pretty exhausted and just want to go home and lay down somewhere.

So Friday. I was walking back home with a person I met in French class. I saw my roommate on the way and we walked together, until that is, a few friends showed up out of nowhere, from Davis/Sac no less. Apparently, they came to kidnap me for another celebration of my birthday. It was a pretty epic surprise, not to mention an overload of ice cream cake, as I already had ice cream cake on Wednesday.

My roommate and me

(picture, courtesy of Andrea Mina)

Me and Andrea

Anyways, yesterday was definitely not the best day for pictures, as I was exhausted. But, it's good enough being in the state I was in yesterday. Wish I could look photogenic all the time, but sometimes it just doesn't happen like that.

Anyways, we went out to eat at an Italian restaurant at Lighthouse. There was a power outage over there, for whatever reason I know not of. But luckily, the restaurant we were eating in did have light and we were able to enjoy a good meal, conversation and laughter. After my friends left, I spent some time with my roommate, just talking and enjoying a cup of tea.

I am back in the bay area after waking up at 6am today, so I could get ready and have a mini Russian lesson this morning for cases:

Roommate: "Alright, hw, find all the adjectives in the poems you've been working on and find the intitial form. Then use that adjective and make a chart so that the adjective is correct in every case."

Me: "That's....going to take a long time and lots of paper. @_____@" Except my innerself was seriously like "!!!!! YEAH, LET'S DO THIS!"

Thanks to my roommate, I've got 2 wonderful looking charts of all the cases and their endings! I'm actually pretty excited to be memorizing them. Total nerd status...

I'm sure I'll be having so much fun when I'm at the airport waiting for my plane and sitting in the plane. Hehe.

I can't wait to leave for China on Monday morning. Although I never thought I would miss anyone from Monterey when I left. As I drove along the highway back to the bay area, I thought, I'm going to miss my roommate. @___@

2 more days! I haven't even packed yet -_- I will definitely get to that.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire