mercredi 12 octobre 2011

another year older, and hopefully wiser



Just another year older, and slowly.....getting older. Hopefully, wiser too, because I don't want to keep being immature while getting older in years. Life in these years has definitely been interesting. The last 3 birthdays I celebrated were all in different places. 2 years ago, I celebrated my 21st birthday in Davis. Last year, I celebrated my 22nd birthday in Lyon, France. And this year, I had the luck of celebrating my birthday in Monterey with my amazing roommate, Yulia. I feel so blessed and happy to have her as my tutor, friend and roommate. Hopefully, next birthday, I'll still be in Monterey, but God knows where I'll be? I'll just have to go wherever the wind goes. 

And speaking of getting older, I received an email from the Monterey Institute of International Studies saying that I'm admitted, just yesterday. I suppose it was an early birthday present for me! :) I'm super happy and excited. And I've already started looking at classes, the curriculum, and everything else. I have a feeling I'm going to love it here. 

So I suppose now I can relax a bit, but I realized that I can't relax at all because I need to prepare for grad school! I need to keep on studying like no other the languages, and doing everything I can to prepare myself for this school. I can't wait until Jan, when Spring Semester starts. I might just scream on the first day of school. Muahaha. 

And speaking of age, I was introduced to my roommate's friend on skype today. He asked me how old I am. This is what he said:

"How old is she? 17?" <---- to which I burst out laughing. 
"ur so young" <----- to which I responded by: what ahaha
"ur still a baby" <---- to which I responded with: what, no I'm not!

Ahahaha. I'm not objecting to the fact that people tell me I look young, but 17? That's... pretty far off. Hehe, at least it's better than being told you look 13, which someone did tell me last year. @___@

It has been a pretty epic week so far. First, thanks to Yulia who helped me with Russian, and I still give her credit for helping me get into this school (because of the Russian)  And second, this week has been filled with unexpected surprises and other wonderful things. 

4 more days until China!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire