samedi 4 mars 2017

2017, new goals, new year

It's about a year since I blogged last.....life gets in the way and I have neglected my poor blog for far too long. In the time that I've been neglecting to write, many many travels have taken place and lots of new (mis) adventures. But then again, I've missed the power and music of words. Maybe it's time to revitalize my blog.

I know that many shitty things have happened in 2016. There was the good and bad, those breath-taking moments and the moments of "Holy Shit! What just happened?!" For those who were aware, I completely switched career paths and now I'm working in a completely different field than what I've studied. Then again, I'm young enough to do so and see what else I like.

Last year was also a year of many firsts as well, such as my first time in Russia, to Ukraine, taking karate for the first time, driving to Italy for the first time, etc. I'm sure this year will be filled with firsts too.

So, goals for this year (yes, it's March, but hey, who's judging?):

1. Run another half marathon
2. Go to karate class at least 3 times a week and get to green belt at the end of the year
3. Read, Read, Read (at least 26 books this year)
4. Buy a second-hand piano (because my fingers are itching to play it)
5. VISIT THE BALKANS (which was a goal from 2015/6 that still needs to happen)
6. Reduce the amount of bullshit I have to deal with everyday
7. More laughter and more joy, more dancing in the rain
8. See the Northern lights and go dog-sledding
9. Improve skills in Python
10. Learn some tango, ballroom dancing, etc

One thing I'm sure anyone who knows me is the fact that my age ≠ my looks. While this is all amusing and fun, it's a blessing and curse at the same time. Especially in the professional world where looking young is totally a curse. Because at least in my professional world, it means that I look like I have no credibility, of course, until I start talking to you. Yes, the assumptions and judgement are very much present anywhere, but especially in international organisations. So for those who just assumes, f--k off - I know what I'm doing and I've got a sound mind. 

On the brighter note, spring is coming, which means my wings are flapping its dust off and ready to fly to other adventures. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire