samedi 13 juin 2015

happiness comes in the form of wine and traveling

This past month has been filled with vacation days because the French love their vacation. I've been having 3 or 4 day weekends practically all month! The weather has been off and on bipolar so my motivation is kind of low for running in the morning. If you know how early I get up to go running, I think you'll know why. Weekends are still reserved for my long runs. But this month I get to start training for my half marathon!

The NPT Review Conference is over, after a month of long debate and meetings. To say that I haven't paid attention this year to this would be an understatement of the year. Unlike last year, I followed a lot of the sessions via live broadcast, this year, I frankly haven't cared. So because I haven't thought about disarmament in the nuke world, I guess I haven't shot off into outer space, as the good Russian representative said in the UNGA 2013. For now, the Bio world has been treating me fairly well.

I've been toying with the idea of getting properly fitted shoes, for running that is. The ones that I have are doing ok so far and I haven't felt any discomfort. But as I increase in mileage, I may have to get some good socks and shoes. What can I say? Socks are awesome. Sales are coming up (24 June!) so I think I may have to take advantage of that when time comes.

A few weekends ago, I spent a warm day in Beaune, just north of Lyon, in the beautiful region of Burgundy, aka wine region. And boy, did I get to try some wine. I went to a big wine cave recommended by a friend where I walked 5km underground and sampled 13 different kinds of wine. If anyone is interested, it's called Patriache. I couldn't resist the wine there so I had to carry back a bottle. And then there was boeuf bourguignon. Glorious, delicious beef stew with potatoes and shallots.
              Inside Patriarche - SO MUCH WINE

         Charms of Beaune
        Hostel-Dieu

More charms
All in all, Beaune is charming and small town. I would go there again to spend a weekend, rather than just one day. There are more than just one wine cave and plenty to explore in the area. How much do I love wine? Well, I almost grabbed a bottle of wine to go out for a walk rather than a bottle of water from the fridge (cause they were the same size). That's how much I can't differentiate when I'm in a rush. But seriously, what more can a girl ask for?  It's the small things, folks.

The summer weather is finally here and I have planned some semi-last minute vacation. Because every once in awhile, my heart gets wild and I get cabin fever. To satisfy my wild heart, I just got to travel and explore. There's been a trip to Finland planned. I plan on magically popping in saunas and have no plans on leaving other than going to my friend's wedding. If I don't come back to France, it means I have abandoned all sense of responsibility and relaxing in the Finnish saunas. I will also be popping in Vienna sometimes in August in order to nerd out on the 4 hour tour of the Sound of Music once again in Salzburg and eat my way through Mozartkrugels, apple strudels, and drink so much espresso until I bounce off the walls.

Until the next update! Also, I'm taking suggestions for books so if anyone has any recommendations on good books, let me know. Bon weekend!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire