lundi 2 mars 2015

february freeze and march madness

Yeah, I'm never leaving Lyon...

It's March! How is it already March?!

Currently, I'm waist deep at work, creating to-do lists big enough to manage a small business. Then again, I love my job so definitely no complaints there! As they (or I) say, the more the work, the merrier (and coffee)! Even though France has its moments sometimes (like the little misadventure I had at the Préfecture the other day and with my bank) I'm so grateful to be in France and working here.

The weather has been so bipolar lately that I've been averaging maybe one running session per week. The rest of the time, I work out at home thanks to a series of videos I found from Fitness Blender. They have workout videos for EVERYTHING. Works wonderfully but I have to say, I do miss my morning running sessions. Speaking of running.....the Color run is finally here!! Already signed up and ready to get splashed with rainbow colors! Come join the fun in Lyon on May 2nd!

Traveling... I just came back from the States after spending about a week across the pond. It was weird to be back and seeing the lifestyle that I'm not used to anymore. What I said before is true, I could definitely stay in Europe for awhile. I did take advantage of the delicious sunny weather to run almost everyday. While I passionately dislike jetlag, it's a small price to pay for the amount of traveling I get to do.

Other trips planned are for traveling in France. There are still a ton of cities and charming towns I haven't been to. So, I plan to take advantage of it asap.

Lately, I've been trying out new places to eat with a fellow friend in tow. I'm completely addicted to the food here and luckily for me, there's plenty of places in Lyon to feed my awesome addiction. This place caught my taste buds. Up on the hills of Croix-Rousse, a quaint little restaurant that's perfect both in winter and summer.
Beautiful colors in the restaurant
Notre amuse-bouche
Entrée: Foie gras 
Tuna. 

The flavors were fantastic and the herbs exploded in my mouth. Definitely not a restaurant to miss. You can find it at:

Le Petit Gadin:
17 rue Austlerlitz
69004 Lyon

There's work, good food, laughter, friends, and fun. What else more can I ask for? I'm definitely where I'm supposed to be at the moment. Lyon, je t'aime tellement fort.  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire