samedi 24 août 2013

one more week

The weather is definitely heading a change here. I can't complain much about the summer other than the fact that my skin has been subjected to the different changes of weather. Given the short burst of the summer weather, I must admit that I did enjoy the heat (even though there were like 2 insane heat waves) and the cooling rain. Fall is on its way and I'm loving it. I just wish I could be in Lyon for the glorious-ness of Fall.

Yesterday was the last day I'm doing the roundtrip from Lyon to Geneva as this weekend I'm going back to Geneva for a week before heading back to the US. My very generous French mom will be dropping me off at the train station. As much as I can't seem to tear myself away from Lyon, at least I won't have to get up at 5am every morning. Because, apparently, when I'm sleep deprived, I get clumsy. Case in point, yesterday morning, I nearly face-planted after stepping out the door. Luckily, I was able to fall gracefully (thank you, hapkido training) and not hurt myself.

I also snuck away from the meeting yesterday afternoon to come back to Lyon early so I can have a few more hours to enjoy this lovely place. I know, I know. I'm crazy. One of my colleagues says he's seen American francophiles, but not Chinese-American francophiles. Up until this point, I have fulfilled one dream after another. Life here in Europe is everything I expected it to be. The good thing about fulfilling a dream is that a new dream will take place. After the past 8 months in Europe, I have new dreams, new goals to fulfill.

It was supposed to rain today. The weather is so much cooler, thank goodness. Taking advantage of this, I went running this morning, bought another book (yes, as if I need more weight), and went up to Croix-Rousse. I realize I don't need to buy more books because my French mom told me she'd get the ones I want and ship them to me, but I can't help it. Books are my life. The reason for going to Croix-Rousse is that while it's still a part of Lyon, this area gives off a different vibe of the city. When I'm up in the Croix-Rousse area, I can feel the autumn weather, the cozy feeling and of course, I had to go to a old, favorite café.

café au lait time

Strolling in Croix-Rousse

A view of the Rhône

Look! I found Tintin in Chinese!

FALL is coming

It's finally pouring and I've never been happier for rain to come. This rain will keep the temperature around the 20s, which is perfect. I am one conference, several cups of coffee, several meetings away from getting on that plane!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire