jeudi 1 août 2013

jour congé, otherwise known as a day off in the midst of this mad rush

A day off in the middle of the week?? Unheard of. So why is everyone taking the day off in Switzerland? It's the Fête Nationale, otherwise known as the National Holiday in Switzerland. This means that I can take the day off too without delaying any of my goals to finish some of the reporting forms this week! I also get next Thursday off! Thank goodness for Europe's vacation days.

So what have I been up to in the last couple of days? Besides work, I've been playing around with the piano, listening to music, taking walks around Lyon and meeting people.  I have to say, getting out to meet people isn't the easiest during the summer here, mostly because everyone is on vacation so events are few. But I'm determined to go to a bar by myself soon to see what's out there. After all, Lyon has a lively night life and I really should discover some of that (also because my French mom keeps telling that I'm too young to be cooped up in the house).

Yesterday, I went to eat at an amazing restaurant in Lyon. It's in the heart of Vieux Lyon and hidden from tourists, which means that it's totally awesome. For some reason, I opted to order a main dish instead of the three-course formula (27 euros). Here's what I ordered:


Oh. My. God.

This was steak and potato gratin with a side of ratatouille. Absolutely food orgasm on a plate. I wasn't expecting it to be so much and definitely am not a meat person, but this and the potato were bursting with flavor. I almost swooned at the first bite, I swear. I'm excited to go back for more and trying another dish (without breaking my budget of course). Actually, I only paid 22 euros for this and two glasses of red wine, not to mention I got a glass of diabolo fraise for free. I'm definitely going back for more. I love the French. 

Aux 24 Colonnes
10 Rue Trois Maries 
Lyon 69005

You will not regret going here. 

I have no idea why I haven't seen this in person the last time I was in Lyon, but finally see this in person was pretty cool.  



Yeah, this is super awesome. I think it's possible to go up...or not. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm there. Vieux Lyon has so much that needs to be discovered. I plan on exploring every nook and cranny before I leave. No doubt I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. In some ways, I think Lyon is more romantic than Paris. I plan on loving Lyon for many more years to come.

But first! A trip to Vichy next week. I need to check out Pétain's old office and the capital of Vichy France. So much history that needs to be seen.

I refuse to count the days I have until I leave for the US. In fact, I plan to deny my plane ticket's existence for as long as possible.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire