mardi 23 juillet 2013

your typical lyonnais weekend

So.Much.Love.

It's another Monday, a Monday that I'm not ready for because the weekend passed too quickly. Apparently, I am more busy than I thought. So much for trying to have a mini-vacation in Lyon. Still, I'm so very lucky to be here. I usually work from morning until night when I'm at home. My friend probably thinks I'm such a hermit because I work non-stop. I stopped myself from working this past weekend even though my hands were itching to grab that book/article. Relaxing is hard to do, gotta practice sometimes. I swear, I'm not a hermit, I just haven't planned anything yet. But this week, I'll be out and about.

So, while the weekend hasn't been productive in subsistence, I was out being active. Running, swimming, walking, and the likes of it. And it's hot. First time in Lyon during the summer and it's hot. To be fair, it's nowhere as hot as Davis, but I've been living in a coastal bubble for almost 2 years that I've, or rather, my skin has forgotten about the heat. My friend took me to the outside pool right along the Rhône river. We swam for about an hour and sunbathed for another hour. I think I'm pretty tanned at the moment from the intense afternoon sun. All this heat makes me lazy and unmotivated, so this coffee addict in me can't stop drinking coffee in the morning (cause coffee motivates me). Oh and my knees feel out of place from the swimming. And going back to my usual habit, I went to the Arts and Crafts Market and the book market on Sunday. 

In other news, I'm off to Annecy again on Tuesday! Going to visit another friend there, which means I'll have to work again in the evenings so I can make up Tuesday's half day I'll be missing. Honestly, I don't mind the load of work because it occupies me and I like it.

Other than that, here are some travel plans until the end of August:

Aix-en-Provence
Bretagne/Normandy (if I can pull it off)
Strasbourg
Vichy

Nothing too strenuous and because I'm on a budget, I can't go too far away. Besides, I'm all for being in Lyon all the time, partly to spend more time with my lovely French family and partly because I'm so in love with Lyon. Who wouldn't want to be in a beautiful city with the new and old areas, great food, lots of things to do (entertainment), markets, and etc?

We're getting a typical summer heat wave and the humidity is making me sweat like no other. I think my skin is completely confused at the moment because it's been subjected to the cold snow and hot, sweltering summer.... 

3 commentaires:

  1. Yes indeed, Lyon is one of the most beautiful cities in France. If you wanna go to Strasbourg please ctc me. I would be glad to meet you again before you leave.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Coucou ma belle...donc il faut qu'on choississe des dates..what weekend in Aug works for you? Pick one and that'll be the one when I come :) You know where to find me...Aug 3rd works on my end :) Cathy N.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. @ Michael: Ok, sounds good

    @Cathy: bien sur!!! August 3rd, c'est samedi? Je crois que ça marche, mais je te confirme. And yes, I did do some shopping :))

    RépondreSupprimer