lundi 8 avril 2013

home sweet lyon

Another beautifully spent weekend in Lyon. My beautiful, irresistible home. Thank goodness it wasn't as cold, but still, spring has yet to come.

As I made my way to my friend's house, I always take a walk around downtown into the marché where stalls crowd the quai of the Saône river, and people rushing in and out of the marché for their daily fresh food. Take a deep breath if you're ever there next time. It is the smell of Lyon and if you're there in the spring, the smell of fresh fruits will seduce you immediately.

Scenes from Vieux Lyon (you can see Le Crayon in the distant background)

Street musicians

Anyways, I decided to go to the Musée de Lyon in the afternoon, where there's literally 4 floors that explains in detail, the history of Lyon. I've never actually been to this museum, as shamefully as it is to say, since I've lived here for nearly a year (not to mention that the museum is free for people under 26). The museum contains beautifully sketched maps of Lyon since the dark ages. Thank goodness my friend told me about this museum the last time I was here, so I was able to see it this time with her youngest son. I also took him along for a concert given by Jean-Yves Thibaudet.


So glad to be back in the ONL auditorium to listen to a concert. It's always a pleasure and it's so much better than listening to concerts in Geneva. I guess I'm just biased like that, but it's so true. See it for yourself. At least in France the audience knows how to behave, like when to clap and when not to clap. You NEVER clap in between movements. Or else, you will get death glares from people around you. Or from me.

Voici the program:

Paul Dukas L’Apprenti sorcier, scherzo symphonique
James MacMillan Concerto pour piano n° 3, «The Mysteries of Light» (création française) 
Ludwig van Beethoven Symphonie n° 7, en la majeur, op. 92 

All three pieces were magnifique. I loved Fantasia when I first saw it in 2000 in the theatre. So it was a treat to listen to the music from the film.

The kids: pre-concert face (Merci, Jules)

Sunday was fairly a lazy day. I actually managed to sleep until 9h. To be fair, I was up super late the night before. The sun peeked out for a bit! I took the same son for a bike ride around the Rhône into the Parc de la tête d'or. It's been almost 2 years since I last set foot into the park. It is just as beautiful as I remembered it. Forgot to bring my camera, but next time!

I've been fed to my heart's content and my friend won't stop feeding me. It's like she wants me to explode from all these delicious French food. During Saturday lunch, I came to the table with all my favorite things on there.

So now, I apparently have a place to stay for the 2 months in Lyon after my internship ends. But I have to think about it because one must be logical and rational when it comes to making decisions like this right? Psh, we all know what I'm going to chose. Even if I think about this for a month, I'm still going to come up with the same decision, that yes, I'M GOING TO STAY IN LYON IN JULY AND AUGUST GOSH DARN IT. We're just meant to be, so there! And no one is going to stop me, unless they want to be flattened like pancakes.


Anyways, back to work, back to protecting and saving the world.

Bon courage pour la reprise, tout le monde (aka Happy Monday!) !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire