vendredi 6 juillet 2012

things that a traveler needs/wants

I can't stop thinking about traveling... and going back to Europe. Because my brain refuses to stop thinking about this, I've decided to do a post about traveling materials; about things I'd like to have, but can't afford due to my life as a grad student or other random chic things...


First on the list is a bag/suitcase. This nice size suitcase is not a bad idea for traveling light, especially if I'm just going to bring one bag with me (courtesy of J. Crew).

Or this one:


I love traveling light. This bag comes from Pottery Barn and looks so very chic, eh?

Because I love to journal and record just about I see/find/etc, I need a nice plain journal that has no lines. Oh, and it needs to be small enough to fit in a small bag.


This journal comes from moleskine. I have 13 journals all bound to my name -- great way to reminisce about the past and read all the entries I had while traveling. That might be something good to do on a rainy day with coffee.

As for shoes, I'm not too big on what kind of shoes to wear as long as they're comfortable. I mean I've walked on cobblestone in 3 inch heels, what else is hard? I do like these flats though:



They're from J. Crew in the boutique of ballet flats. I remember while in Lyon, I did buy a pretty comfortable pair of black flats that I wore even traveling. It was only 15 euros. Definitely not a bad price.

As for a jacket, this one would work for me:



I used to have a red jacket, mind you a child version of this one and probably less sophisticated, but I used to wear it all the time. Hence, I earned the nickname, little red riding hood. This love parka is brought to you from Zara.

As for a bag while outside exploring all the corners of where you happen to be, I personally prefer a shoulder bag.

This is actually something I'll probably order in a 15 inch rather than a 11 inch, just because I'm in school, but I think the 11 inch is perfect for outdoor traveling.

I can't wait to go traveling. Just the thought of traveling makes my feet itch. I think maybe this is one of the reasons I like to go running, because I love running to places, and wherever I'm traveling, I'm always carried by my own two feet.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire