vendredi 13 juillet 2012

because you can't resist blini (russian pankcakes)

Russian pancakes! So, who can resist those? I remember making these last year and loving them the moment I took my first bite.

I feel I like should be writing this in Russian, but I'm too darn tired to think in another language right now other than the ones I already have to think in. I'm also having a hard time finding time to do anything French related. It's more like hearing snatches of the French info radio in the morning before class and maybe squeeze in a little time to read the news or litterature at night.

Anyways, blini. We had about 8 students show up on Thursday night for the cooking. Russian conversations and Russian food makes for a great conversation. I definitely got a refresher on silverware words. Oh, and we sang. Another Russian teacher brought her harmonika..(I mean accordian) and played for us. I guess we're expected to sing for the talent show! Who knows, it could be fun.

Here are some pictures from Blini night! (Courtesy of Yulia)

Preparing the ingrediants

Teaching us Russian songs

Simon is having a great bromance time with his fellow classmate

Definitely a different atomsphere than last year but different could always be good. One month left of the program!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire