mercredi 15 février 2012

and the busy-ness starts kicking in (aka post-valentine's day message)

My caffeine-induced, 8am blog post. I'm tired. That is the first thing I'll say, but I'm happy. Then again, who wants to be tired and unhappy? Maybe I'm just crazy. That, or I have too much hope. Nonetheless, life goes on, moves forward and every day is a new day.

So, this is the third week of grad school. I'm loving almost every minute of it. Of course, there's always that one or two classes that tend to be a little boring, but that's life. I'm also taking Science and Tech for NPTS, which includes chemistry, biology, and physics....something I never thought I'd be close to again since high school. And here I am, holding a periodic table for the first time in.....6 years. Oh yay. The good thing is that the class is pretty clear so I'm not completely over my head.

On the other hand, I've discovered something wonderful today! $1 coffee at Plume's! Apparently, they have Wednesday specials. I know where I'll be getting my coffee on Wednesdays when I'm running late. The joys of adding to my ever-increasing addition to caffeine.  I can't help it. Nor can I help the fact that I'm actually a grad student! It just feels weird to think about it. What? I'm a grad student? I have the same standing as my TAs back in UC Davis? What a novelty. 


But seriously, now that the busy-ness is starting to kick in at full force, I hardly have the time to think about other things.... school-related things are occupying my thoughts. It's like all of a sudden the school is screaming in your face: ready? no? that's ok! Go!" Yeah. That's what I feel like, but everyone has their own pace. While I like my fast-paced life, I don't want to be too impatient, because certain things take time.

And as the movie Meet the Robinsons say: Keep moving forward, I will definitely keep that in mind, no matter what happens.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire