vendredi 30 décembre 2011

memories of 2011


With the year coming to a close and 2012 inching closer, there has been a lot of reflections going on. There's been news articles regarding the Bests of 2011 in travel, news, music, films, etc.

I guess the biggest thing for me this year is traveling. But even so, there are two bests for me this year. One was the trip to Europe (and traveling around). The second one is the summer intensive language program I took in Monterey for Russian.

Taken in Paris with my neighbors from Lyon

I have been so blessed with the opportunity to study abroad in Europe. It really changed my outlook and taught me many things. I got the chance to explore Eastern Europe, make friends, and polish my language skills. Starting in January this year, I've been to (in Europe), Luxembourg, Trier (Germany), Geneva, Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bran (Romania), Ljublana, Athens (including Hydros, Poros, Aegina islands), Paris, Dijon, Marseille and Pérouge (close to Lyon). I've also been to China (Shenyang, Shan Hai Guan, and Beijing). And finally here in the states, graduating from Davis and moving to Monterey. What a list.

Of course, I loved Lyon and all its splendor. But I think the most memorable part of my trip was me going to the hospital in Slovenia. Ah yes, I remember it well. Going to hospital at 2am and the staff giving me a barf bag that looked like a gigantic condom. Also, I remember getting my blood taken and the nurse using a thick needle that the US definitely doesn't use when taking blood. I was lucky to have not waited that long. I hear that in European hospitals, you could be waiting for hours if you aren't an emergency case.

My other best of 2011 is the Summer langange program in Monterey. After 4 years of waiting to study Russian, I'm finally doing it and I love it. Everything from the studying, going to classes and activities, every moment was worth it.

At the talent show with lots of delicious food

Katya's birthday

Russian activity

Finishing up our program!

This year has been so wonderful and awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to the year to come as I know that 2012 is going to bring more wonderful opportunities. I can't wait to start school. I can't wait for all the things to come.

Happy New Year, 新年快乐, Bonne année, С новым годом!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire