jeudi 23 juin 2011

new blog, another beginning

This is officially another beginning, another start. College is over. So, what's after that? I got asked and still get asked that a lot over the last couple of weeks and now.

Well, currently, I'm at the Monterey Institute studying intensive Russian for 8 weeks. Currently, I just finished the 1st week of the course, and when they mean intensive, they seriously mean it. This course, or any of the intensive language courses at Monterey Institute aren't meant to be taken lightly. I spend about 3 to 4 hours studying, doing homework and going to tutoring per day. Luckily for me, I don't live that far from campus, only a 7 min walk. But I make about 6 trips back and forth, treking there everyday...so that makes about approx 42 mins walk a day.

Lately, I just got back into running, so woohoo, there goes my day.

This intensive Russian class is so going to be worth it...as in time and MONEY. It's expensive; $3500 for 8 weeks. But. BUT. By the end of 8 weeks, I hope I'll be able to speak/read/write at least at an intermediate level. All to continue dreaming about going to Russia.

I've been back from France for about 2 weeks now. It still feels a little weird, just because I've gotten so used to France. No reverse culture shock or anything, but France is just one of those places that manages to somehow steal your heart the moment you get there.

Until the next coffee break.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire