samedi 17 août 2013

here, there, everywhere

1 more week in Lyon. 1 more week in Geneva. 2 weeks worth of conference. 3 months in the US. After that? I've absolutely no clue. My life is turning to be a movable home, jumping from country to country, city to city, with two suitcases to my name. For now, I think I'm enjoying this nomadic life. Oh, and my arms are getting quite the workout from carrying around my suitcases everywhere. At least I have the school semester to fall back on for awhile until I can figure out what I'm doing afterwards. Although I'm not sure how I feel about going back to school after a 8-month hiatus. Oh well, either way, just one more semester, allez!

Apparently, my little French brother and I now have a bet. If I go back to Lyon within the next 5-6 months, he will speak English fluently by then. As for me, he says I have to speak German fluently in 5-6 months. I'm sure this will be interesting. German won't be the most useful language for me, but I suppose it'll be cool either way to know it if I happen to be in Germany or Austria anytime in the near future. But the fact that I only have a week in Lyon left is making my anxiety level skyrocket through the roof.

Six years ago, I never would have imagined that during my study abroad trip to France, I'd fall in love with Lyon so much that I'd want to stay here. Six years ago, I'd never imagine I'd learn to speak French fluently. Six years ago, I'd never imagine my studies would take me to France and to Switzerland. Six years ago, I would have never imagined that I would be at the United Nations. Six years ago, I would have never imagined I'd be doing any of these things.

My French mom has got some mad parking skills (see black car)

MMMM, tartine aux poulets

Sun-drenched Place Jacobins

What I see during my morning jog. Must jog on les berges du Rhône as much as possible before leaving

NOMNOM huge macaroon from Paul's

It's mid-August here and the strong Lyonnais wind blows through my hair in the heart of the city. It's stronger every time I cross the Saône or the Rhône river. This is the first sign that fall is coming. In fact, just last week, I smelt firewood burning during one crisp summer's night on my way to Fourvière. Can I just forget about my ticket back to the states? Can I just get my Masters without going back to the last semester? Lyon is beautiful during the fall as it is with any other time of the year. I'm pretty sure that the next trip to Europe, my purse will carry my passport and a one-way ticket.

As always, I'm ready for the next adventure, where ever that may be. Of course, I can't wait to come back to my beautiful home, Lyon.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire