dimanche 27 janvier 2013

10,000 reasons i fell in love with lyon



Lyon.

I came, I left. Now I left knowing I could go back anytime without worrying about being away from Lyon for too long.  It was amazing being back in the city where I left my heart. Seeing my friend, who was my neighbor again was really something. We spent so much time together in the last two days. I was delirious from happiness. Since I was computer-less, I felt extremely liberated and free. There were no boring moments at all and I was happy. And for the first time being back in Europe (because Geneva is super expensive), I ate really well thanks to my friend's amazing cooking skills. I ate so much pastries, salad, roasted chicken, veggies, baguettes, etc. I drank so much good coffee and was literally stuffed everyday. I was immersed into the French language once again for two amazing days. It was really something. Seeing my beautiful, strong and brillant friend was something I didn't expect, so this was a real treat. I am very grateful for her hospitality.

In the last year and half that I was gone, not much has changed in the city, but the lives of my friends have changed. It was worth spending the last two days rediscovering my friends, recounting the last year and half of our lives, especially that of my neighbor's. They were and still are like family to me. They welcomed me into their family without hesitation, treated me as their own and taught me many things. We spent many hours catching up and I am so happy to have come back. I am happy to have gone home.

Upon arriving at Lyon, I had to run some errands, such as going to the bank to fix some stuff. After eating lunch with my neighbors, I took the youngest son and went to Bellecour and Fourviere.

Need I say more about falling in love?

And this.

Getting to church ain't easy

Now there's something you don't see everyday

What do you know, more strikes.

The day I get there, there were two strikes going on. All in the heart and center of Lyon. I mean, of course there'd be strikes. How could I have thought otherwise?

We somehow managed to climb up the Fourviere on foot in like 10 mins. Great workout, especially after I ate so much. I also bought a flan and would have taken a picture of it. But I couldn't wait to sink my teeth in it. It was like a love affair right in right of me.

I met up with the director of our EAP program in Lyon, which was also a delight. And after, had dinner with my friend and the kids. I'm so lucky to have met them. Apparently, I've also been armed... with makeup equipement thanks to my friend, because I'm such an idiot when it comes to makeup.


I was able to see the Marchés: the farmer's markets, the book markets. I brought back a bunch of books, one that I bought and the others my friend lent to me. Time to get started reading.

The 10,000 reasons of why I fell in love with Lyon is indescribable. The above pictures are just some of the 10,000 reasons for my love of Lyon. Until next time, beautiful Lyon. Je te dis "au revoir et à bientôt."


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire