dimanche 17 juin 2012

first week of SILP

It's Sunday. I weep at the passing of another rare and warm weekend.

First week of SILP is over! I just had 2 quizes, and will be having one just about every day. Oh the joys. It's actually starting to annoy me the fact that every time I mention I'm learning Russian, someone will say, "oh, did you know that the words for teacher and torturer are pretty similar?" Yes, I've been told that many times, I don't want to hear it again. 


Once again, time is just going by too fast. Between school and work, there are way too many other things to be done. However, I think I'm still enjoying myself despite the load I have. Friday was the meet and greet pizza party -- although this year, for some reason I wasn't as interested. Last year, having just came back from France, I was too curious to meet new people, speak different languages and whatnot. This year, I just don't have the time or energy. I'm already meeting lots of new people within work and other places that I miss time to myself. So when I come home, I like to stay in my room and work on my homework. Actually, I usually go out for a run first. I miss running by the trails and seeing the ocean when I run.

The last 2 weekends, I've been also on a bike ride with 2 undergrad interns at CNS. It's been a refreshing change and I enjoy the wind blowing in my face as we ride along the Pacific ocean.

At Lover's Point

View from Lover's Point

Riding to Asilomar beach

Part of the Asilomar state beach

See how clear the water is? (it was cold)

Because we love climbing rocks

At Asilomar Beach

Yesterday we rode for an hour and stopped by the arts and crafts fair near Portola hotel. It was a rare, hot day yesterday so it was pretty pleasant to be outside.

I was walking to school one day last week and suddenly thought about all the things that's happened so far. It finally hit me that I was fulfilling my goals. I got into grad school, I went to Beijing, I got a job at CNS (something I've been hoping for), and I'm studying Russian this summer. And I'm realizing that slowly but surely, I'm accomplishing my goals one by one. It's happening and I'm so glad it is. So yes, everything is going as planned.

Here's to the second week of SILP and many more to come!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire