dimanche 27 mai 2012

a whirlwind visit

This is probably like my one and only break, if I could even call this a break. After that 1st day in Davis, I was so ready to crash when nighttime came, owning to my 4am wake up time that morning. I missed DC food, so my lovely friend (because she's a freshmen) was able to swipe me in to the dining commons in Cuarto dorms. I think most people take DC food for granted -- but after freshmen year, most people tend to miss it. Especially the Mongolian bbq. I think I had that just about every day for lunch. Oh, and I also had chocolate soy milk just about every day.

Anyways, onto the second day. I got up early again granted not at 4am, but at 7am. Breakfast was at 8am with my friend who graduated the same year I did -- she just got a job! I'm so excited for her. For those of you who's never visited www.care2.com, it's amazing. Everything you want to know about healthy living, casuses you care about, petition you can sign. The weather wasn't as warm as the day before, but either way, I was happy to be shorts for a bit. One friend following another, I got to see them. Some I haven't seen in over a year -- some not for a few months. All in all it was a good time catching up. I had the pleasure to see Milena's final senior recital! We were in France together and played in a trio at the Conservatory. 


We must get together sometimes in the future and play again -- oh and go back to France. 

Speaking of playing -- I've been playing the piano like no other back in the bay area. If I keep playing on like this, I might sprain my wrists soon. But I just can't help it. I'm addicted to playing the piano like I'm addicted to caffeine (gasp, I'm finally admitting it). I'm hoping to get back into it, and perhaps renting a keyboard, or buying one. I really need to get back into music because it is a part of me, and will always be a part of me. 

Saturday was spent gloriously frolicking in SF with my best friend. We went to the Golden Gate bridge, walked around and ended at the Westfield Mall. 


Embarcardero with its markets!


Andrea and I at Golden Gate Bridge

Excellent day that day

Palace of Fine arts

It was a great day in SF. I was at the market checking out some designs and crafts while waiting for my friend. Someone there was designing cute little things, cards, etc that I couldn't resist. So I bought an owl card -- which was so cute. While obsessing over the owl card, I had the pleasure to talk to the designer who made the cards and accessories -- she graduated with her Master's in International Development and is hoping to combine her design company with her area of speciality. I think that's a fantastic idea. It made me think that I could do something like that too -- something with music and security stuff. Some of my friends keep joking that I should play the piano for peace. Piano for Peace -- who knows! 

Anyhow, if you want to check out her stuff, go to http://eve-n-artistry.com/home. She also does invitations as well.

My mission for the summer:

1. Get better at Russian -- works towards fluency and mastery, keep studying French and Chinese

2. Work at CNS (which I will start this week!)

3. Get back into running....and into shape

4. As my friend tells me: STOP MEETING WEIRD PEOPLE (like the bad weird ones)

5. Be my happy, optimistic self

6. Prepare for Fall semester 2012. 

I think I'm ready. Another journey, another adventure -- yeah I'm looking forward to it.

2 commentaires:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad we managed to meet up, despite my weird schedule. It was great to see you again -- our visits are way too uncommon. :) Sounds like a nice little mini-vacation all around.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Haha, you're right, our visits are way too uncommon! But I hope to see you soon in June!! :)) =]

    RépondreSupprimer