vendredi 18 mai 2012

it's over? yes!



Oh my gosh -- I'm done? I'm done with my first semester in grad school?! And not only am I done, but I survived! I'll say that most of the classes were enjoyable -- while less can be said about some particular class.

And that's exactly how I feel -- I don't want to move. I just want to stay in bed and sleep for.... the next 3 days. Except this weekend is not going to be like that. It's Friday, but I have to go make sure everything is perfect for my roommate's birthday and graduation! What's a little more sleep deprivation? As long as my roommate is happy, I suppose. I'm sure I can sleep for 12 days before the SILP program starts. But first, to my roommate -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! AND CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR MASTER'S!

Speaking of the SILP program, I NEED TO START CRAMMING AND STUDYING FOR RUSSIAN LIKE NO OTHER. I'm actually pretty excited for this summer. Russian, work, books, an actual life? Oh and frequent trips to SF (if that's even possible of course). I really want to go listen to a concert! It's been awhile. I might have some fun this summer because in the fall semester, I'm really going to have no life.

I think this semester and last year took more effort for me to be optimistic and positive. But over all it was worth all the effort. It was also a learning process as well. This past year also required me to really step out of my comfort zone, which was a good exercise, but I also realized I need to speak up more in class.
To the top 10 things I've learned, I have to add these:

11. I have more good friends than I realized here, which makes me even appreciate them more

12. Not everyone is as great as you think they are --- either they're full of themselves, full of it, or just uses fancy words to make themselves look smart.

13. Happy is a relative word

14. There are too many pessimistic people on this campus

15. I seem to have fallen in love with the Russian language even more (and not to mention its politics)

16. Apparently, communication is a big problem for most people here (and I don't mean language barriers)

17. Again, some people are just nuts. Nuts.

18. I've learned that wine, cheese and bread is a prefect evening for relaxing.

19. Grades are relative

20. I can't wait to get away from Monterey.

And there you go -- I'm done with my first semester of grad school! 3 semesters to go!!!!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire